1. I have been an Intensive Care nurse for the past 12 years and still manage to squeeze in two 8 hour shifts a week. While interior styling is my passion, there is a part of me that finds it very difficult to walk away from ICU nursing - it gets into your blood and I work with such a great team of people. I am currently enjoying some long service leave as Porchlight Interiors has had a wonderfully busy start to the year.
2. I have been married for 13 years to my gorgeous husband and have three amazing sons (the youngest one is 6 today). I'm looking forward to meeting our fourth son in heaven.
3. I come from a really close knit family with one sister (obviously Hayley) and two brothers and we all get on really well and get together regularly with our gorgeous parents. Hayley and I got along very well growing up and even better now which is why working together in our styling business is such a pleasure. We are really close to our mum and even dragged her along on our latest buying trip which was great fun.
4. I have a coffee addiction but try and limit it to one a day. I know just about every fabulous coffee shop in Brisbane but have my regular local spots.
5. My husband and I are currently (slowly) renovating our second home which is an ugly 1980's two story brick and tile in the suburbs. I'm sure my stylish friends were surprised at this choice but I could see it's potential and there is nothing more satisfying than taking something ordinary and making it special (its a challenge to say the least). One day I may be brave enough to show some before and after pics.
This is the kitchen from our first renovated home which we sold a couple of years back.
6. I love blogging! I know everyone says this but for me, this has been an amazing way to meet incredibly talented and creative people who inspire me daily. I feel blessed to be living out my passion with my business, my family and this blog.
I told you I was boring! Tracey xx