This is actually my favorite room. i designed the cabinetry and had my fabulous cabinet maker work his magic and it's exactly what i wanted. i bought the handles home from one of my trips the to fabulous USA last year and i think it finishes the look off perfectly. The flowers are from the very talented Phoebe Stephens in Fortitude Valley. I love to fill the open shelves with my favorite books and ornamental objects.
 I had my sofa custom made from our manufacturer in Melbourne using a pale blue/ grey linen and chose one of my favorite Raoul linen fabrics for cushions. There are two open weave chairs that suit the room which over looks our pool.
You may notice the two prints above the sofa from the very lovely and talented Kerri from Driftwood Interiors. We certainly have some talent in Queensland. I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Kerri for the very kind mention on her blog. It was a privilege to use these amazing prints.
The hand beaded lamp on the side table is from Gia Collectiones. She has the most amazing collection of lighting which is available through Porchlight Interiors
 i do love my kitchen. it features an Island bench 3600mm long x 1400mm wide with a large Calacutta slab of marble on top. Once again the handles were bought over in the States in polished nickel that match the lights and Perrin and Rowe tap. I am currently sitting at my little study area which you can see on the side of the photo to do this post. We use this room all the time. It's the most social room of the house and a great place to entertain. Now that Spring has arrived, we open the large bi-fold doors to the outdoor area and pool.
 This is the main bathroom for my three children. I wanted to keep a theme throughout the house with the cabinetry and marble tops by using the polished nickel hardware and taps. The wall sconces also match and i love the little lamp shades that i bought from Anthropologie (one of my most favorite stores)
This image shows a little of the ceiling feature we did and the beautiful American Oak timber floors we had stained in this dark colour. The floors add so much drama to the house and help accentuate the furniture and colours throughout the house.
And that's my house, thanks for stopping by to visit.www.porchlightinteriors.com.auwww.driftwoodinteriors.com.au

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top