It's the weekend (almost!) and boy do I need it (more later). But first, today's home tour. Following on from what has been a bit of a black and white week, I'm taking inspiration from this monochrome space. Despite being a one room apartment the owners / designers have achieved a spacious, light and airy feel thanks to the two toned colour scheme throughout. If there's one thing I love though, it's the cactus! My grandparents had a similar one and it grew so tall they had to cut a whole through the ceiling (which became a skylight) - no joke! I've been a big fan of these prickly plants ever since, plus you rarely need to water them - what's not to love?!









Stadshem

Is there anything that stands out to you?

A few items I know and love: Thonet chairs, linen bedding, DLM side table, L:A Bruket soaps etc.

I'm so excited to introduce a sponsor today- brand new online shop Blackthumb. Founded by Nicola Fanstone after an inspiring trip to Helsinki, Blackthumb sells a smögåsbord of fab contemporary Scandinavian home and garden items including items from three of my favourite brands Sne Design (I'm in love with this felt storage basket), Ferm Living and Normann Copenhagen (dropit hook anyone?). And the good news? Blackthumb are offering readers 10% discount on any item in the shop with the code MyScandi10 until March 31st.

As mentioned above this week's been crazy. Yesterday I had a visit from TV channel Arte, and I've recently started working on a book (more info to follow at a later date) and to top it all I've also started shooting homes in Southern Sweden. It's all so exciting and what I've always dreamed of doing YAY! I just need a few days rest.... !

I hope you have some fab plans for the weekend lined up?

Have a lovely couple of days!
It all started on an unexpected trip to Helsinki, Finland. While wandering the streets on a cold spring afternoon, admiring all the beautiful and simple designs that Scandinavia is so well known for, Blackthumb was born. - See more at: http://blackthumbdecor.com/about/#sthash.wZ4hCdCE.dpuf

It all started on an unexpected trip to Helsinki, Finland. While wandering the streets on a cold spring afternoon, admiring all the beautiful and simple designs that Scandinavia is so well known for, Blackthumb was born. - See more at: http://blackthumbdecor.com/about/#sthash.wZ4hCdCE.dp

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top