I'm often being asked to recommend fabulous interior design books and today I've added a new one to my list. The Stuff of Life by New York stylist Hilary Robertson is a beautifully illustrated tome dedicated to creative ways to style and display possessions in the home. Chapters include an intuitive and practical guide on how to arrange your items and stories told by real homes, such as that of Swede Josephine Ekström and Copenhagen based Charlotte Vadum shown below, beautifully captured by photographer Anna Williams. The Stuff of Life has pride of place on my (now beautifully arranged - ha!) coffee table.







The Stuff of Life by Hilary Robertson, Photography Anna Williams, Published by Ryland, Peters and Small

What a beautiful book, perfect for the coffee table don't you think? You should see the rest of the images - it's packed with stunning interior inspiration.

Are you a natural at creating vignettes or do you struggle to group things together? I think it's a real art and I'm improving daily thanks to all the wonderful inspiration around me. I actually even started a Pinterest board lately dedicated to grouping objects.

Here in Sweden it's a 'red day' which means a public holiday, the sun's shining (hello May!) and we're heading to my brother-in-law's summer cottage by the beach. Yay! Are you up to anything nice?

Have a lovely day and see you tomorrow for a fabulous Swedish home tour!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top