It's that time of year when everyone starts last minute summer holiday bookings (OK I speak for myself - can anyone recommend anywhere last minute to stay in the Dordogne?!). Of course there are always hotels, B&B's and holiday cottage rentals but I also love to go quirky too and often consider glamping, tree houses and unique stay alternatives. And that's how I came across this cool 1962 Shaster camper.  Sitting in the back garden of 'Carry My Bones' author J. Wes Yoder in East Nashville, Tennessee, the camper has been lovingly renovated inside and out and includes an outdoor shower, bath house and terrace. When it's not in use as a work studio the author rents it out through Airbnb. Nashville anyone?!








Photography: Laura Dart via Remodelista

What a cute place to stay and a fabulous idea for an out house!

It's not the first time I've come across an unusually cool outhouse. Do you remember this  alternative garden shed for example?! I'm a big fan of outdoor bathroom's too, for inspiration take a peek at this outdoor bathroom post.

Other holiday sites I love right now include Alistair Sawdays Canopy & Stars which offers a collection of wonderful and quirky places to stay and Kid & Coe which makes travelling with children a whole lot easier - (what's not to love about that?!)! And if you're considering SouthWest England - one of my most memorable holidays ever was at Polgreen Glamping in Cornwall.

Do you have great holiday accommodation tips?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top